How to Look After your Trailer
1. Wash your trailer with water (no chemicals) after use, especially during winter. This removes road dirt and salt and generally increases the life expectancy and appearance of all components. If using a pressure washer avoid contact with light fittings and electric winches.
2. Adjust brakes and handbrake after first 500 miles and 5,000 miles thereafter. We recommend that an authorised dealer carries out the work, but the Owner’s Handbook explains how it can be done.
3. Periodically check tyre pressures, tyre wear and wheel bolt torque settings.
4. Keep the trailer serviced by a professional every 10,000 miles or annually.
5. If you have a battery, make sure it’s kept at full charge when not in use to prevent sulphation.
If you already own a Brian James Trailer, more details are available in the Owners Handbook.